The Home Improvement Research Institute (HIRI) will return to Arlington, Va., for its annual Spring Conference geared toward professionals seeking home improvement data and ways to use it.
One of the new twists for the upcoming April 18 event at the DoubleTree Hotel Crystal City by Hilton is the inclusion of a presentation from the U.S. Census Bureau on The American FactFinder data tool.
"The conference is a mixture of information and analysis, plus ways to access the data," said Fred Miller, executive director of HIRI. "For instance, the American FactFinder is a program that can answer a lot of questions, and it's a free program."
The HIRI conference is offering an early-registration discount to members and non-members of the non-profit research group. The discount expires, however, on March 16.
The full lineup of presenters for the 8:30 a.m. to 3:45 event is as follows:
• Approaches to Estimating Market Size, IHS Global Insights;
• The Economic Outlook and Home Improvement Spending, IHS Global Insights;
• Housing and Mortgage Market Outlook, Mortgage Bankers Association;
• The American FactFinder - Access to Census Data, U.S. Census Bureau;
• The 2012 PPTS: Methodology in Evolution, TNS;
• The Pulse of Consumer Plans for Home Improvement, The NPD Group; and
• What Paths do Consumers Take Before Coming to a Decision, The Stephenson Co.
For more information, visit HIRI.org.