- Advice for ProBuild's incoming chief executive
- Wolseley seeks Swiss headquarters
- Former Wolseley exec to lead ProBuild
- Former Wolseley CEO to lead Morrison Supply
- Stock and Ferguson feel pinch: U.K.-based parent company Wolseley looks for ways to cut costs
- Stock Building Supply reports loss in half-year results
- Wolseley announces acquisitions in United States, France and Norway
Wolseley, the United Kingdom-based parent of Stock Building Supply and Ferguson, has announced two recent acquisitions in North America and Europe.
The company’s Ferguson division acquired Fire Fab, a distributor and fabricator of fire safety and suppression systems. Fire Fab, based in Minneapolis, had revenue of $12.4 million last year.
"This acquisition expands Ferguson’s presence in the growing fire protection market,” the company said in a statement.
Additionally, Wolseley’s Nordic region subsidiary, DT Group, acquired Sweden-based Save Tra Forsaljnings, a builders’ merchant with two branches in Sweden. The company had revenue of $16.5 million last year.
“This is the eighth bolt-on acquisition since DT Group joined Wolseley Group and is consistent with the plan to expand DT’s heavy side building materials footprint in the Nordic region,” the company noted.