- In their words: The US LBM story
- Empire’s anti-counterfeit crusade
- ABC Supply Co. names new chief financial officer
- Sears Appliance & Hardware sets sights on smaller format
- Ryan Chandler named branch manager at Amerhart
- Brent Fox named CEO of Hendricks Holding Co.
- Wisconsin hardware store closes after 55 years
According to the article, the sign was posted after an incident when a customer brought a holstered handgun into the store.
Wisconsin state law permits the carrying of handguns, but retailers are permitted to refuse service to customers who choose to do so.
In an interesting turn of events, the article also pointed to a local Ace hardware store that had provided service to the same customer earlier that day while wearing the handgun.