- Northwest Hardwoods up for sale again
- Weyerhaeuser Distribution in Fresno, Calif. celebrates 35 years
- Weyerhaeuser provides sustainability update
- Weyerhaeuser now offering Interfor wood products
- DuPont Pioneer, Weyerhaeuser team for tech license agreement
- Weyerhaeuser bolsters James Hardie offering in Minnesota
- Former Weyerhaeuser exec joins Best Bath Systems
Federal Way, Wash.-based Weyerhaeuser introduced Hardwood Edge, an OSB floor panel specifically engineered for use under hardwood floors.
“Hardwood flooring is one of the most popular finishes for new homes, but it requires a stable, reliable subfloor that can withstand the high moisture conditions we have here in the Mid-Atlantic,” said David Walters, tactical product manager for Weyerhaeuser OSB. “Hardwood Edge flooring’s increased density and superior fastener-holding properties ensure hardwood flooring goes down easily and stays put, helping to reduce callbacks.”
Hardwood Edge flooring is initially available in the Mid-Atlantic region only.
Hardwood flooring poses unique challenges for installers: The inherent swelling and shrinkage of wood as a natural material, improper acclimatization of hardwood, and insufficient drying time if the OSB is wet can work together to loosen fasteners, which can lead to pops and squeaks in a finished floor. Hardwood Edge panels are the result of multiple years of research by Weyerhaeuser, working closely with builders and flooring contractors, to create a product that is designed for use under all hardwood floors.