- There’s no place like home
- NLBMDA rallies around Innocent Sellers
- Weyerhaeuser posts a strong 2013
- Weyerhaeuser appoints Rhonda Hunter as SVP Timberlands
- Home development project set for Washington state
- Denise Merle named SVP HR at Weyerhaeuser
- Jerry Howard to speak at NLBMDA Spring Meeting & Legislative Conference
Federal Way, Wash.-based Weyerhaeuser is seeking strategic alternatives for its Westwood Shipping Line, as well as four regional short-line railroads.
The company said it did not have a set timetable for the plan.
Westwood currently serves customers in 20 ports worldwide, including Japan, Korea, China and North America with a fixed-day, weekly sailing schedule. Westwood is a wholly owned subsidiary that operates four ConBulk vessels used by customers to ship forest products and containerized and oversized cargo, according to the company.
The four railroads -- DeQueen & Eastern, Columbia & Cowlitz, MSV and Golden Triangle -- ship materials to mills in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Mississippi and Washington. Third-party customers also use the lines for transportation needs.