- Mahurin out at Orchard Supply Hardware
- Do it Best names new VP marketing
- The home channel's seeing green
- In Home Depot, magazine takes bilingual approach
- NRF highlights an "increasing threat to retailers"
- Do it Best embraces farm, ranch and automation
- Survey: Americans are on the move and DIY-inclined
Weyerhaeuser has named Rhonda Hunter SVP Timberlands, succeeding soon-to-be-retired Tom Gideon.
Effective Jan. 1, 2014, Hunter will be officially promoted from her current role as VP of Weyerhaeuser's Southern Timberlands operation, which she's held since 2010. Previously, she held other leadership roles within the division, which involved planning and inventory, regional management, environmental and work systems, finance and land acquisition. She has been with the company since 1987.
"Rhonda is a proven leader with deep experience in maximizing value from timberlands and I know she will bring a fresh perspective and valuable expertise to this critical role," said Doyle Simons, Weyerhaeuser president and CEO. "I want to thank Tom for the 35 years of strong leadership he has brought to this company and we wish him all the best in his retirement."
Gideon, who has been with the company since 1978, will be retiring in February 2014.