- DA, PRO event honors industry players
- NBMDA announces new officers
- Pat Thorne Lumber Co. honored by HCN
- Lumber, laws and lessons learned
- Todd Holder to oversee Jacksonville division at KB Home
- USG hires new COO and SVP/international president
- Joseph Liotine named president, U.S. operations at Whirlpool
Paint manufacturer Valspar Corp. has appointed John Ballbach, its former president and chief operating officer, to the company’s board of directors. The 52-year-old executive will serve on the board’s nominating and governance and audit committees.
Ballbach joined Valspar in 1990 and served in a variety of leadership roles. He was named an officer of the company in 1993. From 2000 to 2002, Ballbach filled the position of senior VP of EPS, Color Corp. and operations. In 2002 he was named president and chief operating officer, a position he held until 2004.
In 2005, Ballbach was appointed CEO and president of VWR International, a leading laboratory equipment supplier. He served as chairman from 2007 until earlier this year. Before joining VWR, Ballbach was a private investor and president of Ballbach Consulting, providing consulting services primarily to large and midcap private equity firms. He has served on the board of directors of The Timken Co. since 2009 and is also currently an advisory board member of Guardian Capital Partners.