- HR focus: work and social media
- Another acquisition for UFPI
- Personnel changes at the NRF
- Jerry Howard to speak at NLBMDA Spring Meeting & Legislative Conference
- ProWood rolls out damaged deck program
- Universal Forest Products promotes two execs
- MoistureShield makes significant additions to its distribution network
Universal Forest Products has named David Tutas as general counsel of the corporation. He succeeds Matthew Missad, who was appointed CEO earlier this year.
Tutas joined Universal as an attorney in 2003. In 2007, he was named director of the legal department at Universal. Before he joined the company, Tutas was an attorney with the Grand Rapids, Mich.-based firm of Nantz, Litowich, Smith & Girard.
"Dave Tutas' legal expertise, his knowledge of our company and business, his work ethic and unquestionable character and integrity make him the perfect person for this important position," Missad said. "He will provide sound legal counsel to our company and board as we grow and develop in the coming years, and in many markets and industries."