- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- At Ace Convention, Griffith points to sales momentum
- 2012 Hardware Store All-Stars
- Ace addresses 2011 strategy, supply chain
- Sears taps former Lehman Brothers VP to lead Craftsman
- Hardware store all-stars: Idaho, Illinois and Indiana
- Hardware store all-stars: Ark., Calif. and Colo.
United Cooperative, a full-service cooperative offering feed, grain, agronomy and energy products to south-central Wisconsin farmers and consumers, has sold its hardware store to a local businessman and his wife, according to an article in the Daily Citizen newspaper of Beaver Dam, Wis.
Steve and Linda Behn, who purchased Reedsburg United Cooperative Hardware Hank in Reedsburg, Wis., said they were interested in owning and operating a hardware store.
Karl Beth, United Cooperative vp and chief operating officer, said his company was not actively trying to sell the hardware store, but when approached by a realtor representing the Behns, they began to consider it. Steve Behn owned a construction business for 25 years and felt this was a good opportunity to continue serving the Reedsburg community, he said.
In addition to offering core hardware categories, the Reedsburg hardware store will continue to fill propane tanks and sell United Cooperative's line of feed and lube oil.