- Gross billings up 1.4% at True Value
- Venhuizen's rule: no standing still
- Ace Hardware reports sales gains in Q2
- New CEO enters spotlight in Chicago
- The philosophy of house brands on display in Boston
- Ace increases revenues but plateaus on income in Q3
- Sears Appliance & Hardware sets sights on smaller format
The latest employment situation report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics shows the national unemployment rate slipped to 8.2% for March, compared with 8.3% in February.
Nonfarm payroll employment rose by 120,000 in March.
According to the bureau, retail trade employment fell by 34,000 in March. A large job loss in general merchandise stores (-32,000) and small losses in other retail industries more than offset gains in health and personal care stores (+6,000).
Building material and garden supply stores in March showed an increase in employment of 5,000.
Employment in the other major private-sector industries, including construction, changed little in March.