- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Sears taps former Lehman Brothers VP to lead Craftsman
- Tis the season for shipping strategy
- Hardware store all-stars: Ark., Calif. and Colo.
- Ace addresses 2011 strategy, supply chain
- Mahurin’s next stop: Orchard Supply Hardware
- Lowe's has praise for the 'creator' customer
According to an article in the Evening Standard, a former Sears and Best Buy executive will lead the multi-channel, 750-store Argos.
John Walden is taking over on a mission described as a turn-around effort and an uphill battle. He replaces Sara Weller, who last year left the top spot at Argus, a division of Home Retail.
Home Retail's CEO Terry Duddy said "We look forward to John bringing a valuable, fresh perspective to the future development of Argos.
Waden's career includes duty with Best Buy and Sears, as well as online grocer Peapod. He most recently was CEO of Activeion Clean Technologies.