- Whirlpool dryers board the Energy Star train
- 10 products seen at the National Hardware Show
- The home channel's seeing green
- KB Home rolls out 'most environmentally ambitious home yet'
- Panasonic earns Energy Star prize
- KB Home debuts new energy storage solutions
- Olympia unveils new line of lights, power solutions
Gaithersburg, Md.-based pro dealer TW Perry will host its Third Annual Green Building Workshop March 17 in Fairfax, Va.
The daylong event, presented in partnership with the National Association of the Remodeling Industry, represents the six-unit dealer's commitment to the green building market. TW Perry is certified by both the Forest Stewardship Council and the Sustainable Forestry Initiative.
According to TW Perry CEO Michael Cassidy, there is much information and misinformation surrounding green building. "The Workshop is designed to provide practical solutions that have real impact as opposed to the latest and greatest technology or fad of the moment."
The workshop is designed primarily for contractors and architects, but homeowners would benefit as well, he said.
"The benefit to TW Perry is having a customer base of contractors and architects that is better educated about what really works and is then able to sell the best products and services to homeowners for remodeling or new home projects," Cassidy said.