- HCN's 2013 Hardware Store ALL-STARS
- Littmann appointed to True Value board
- ABC Supply acquires assets of Sellmore Industries
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Maryland, Delaware and Virginia
- Wrap it up
- Budget Blinds brings in-home consulting to Silver Spring
- Made in D.C. gears up for second wave of local stewardship
K&B True Value in Annapolis, Md., hosted its first ever “Ladies Night,” on Oct. 3 with more than 110 women attending. In addition to several “How To” demonstrations, the store gave away gift bags loaded with products and coupons and raffled off prizes worth hundreds of dollars.
“With a Target opening next to one of the [area] Home Depots next week, I wanted to remind our customers about our strengths in housewares, customer service and expert advice,” said Jared Littmann, owner of the 10,000-square-foot store.
During the event, K&B True Value staff members demonstrated the following, replacing a toilet flapper and flush lever, installing dimmer light switches, comparing and selecting environmentally friendly cleaners, securely hanging pictures and mirrors, preparing surfaces for painting, replacing door knobs and locks, and planting grass seed and fertilizer.