- 2012 Hardware Store All-Stars
- In Philadelphia, True Value CEO sees growth
- Myrick no longer with ProBuild Holdings
- Education and motivation at the ProDealer Industry Summit
- Ace addresses 2011 strategy, supply chain
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- Lowe's posts sales and earnings declines in Q1
Reaching into the realm of social media marketing, True Value Co. is rolling out a a DIY True Stories contest on Facebook.
Through Aug. 15, DIYers will have the chance to submit details regarding their wildest home improvement endeavor.
The promotion calls for contestants to first “like” True Value’s Facebook page, then share their project idea, what they need to get the job done and what they would do if they won. The Chicago-based co-op plans to announce three winners Aug. 29. Each winner will receive an in-person consultation at their local True Value store and $2,500 to help them get the job done.