- Hardware store all-stars: Idaho, Illinois and Indiana
- Texas hardware closes after 86 years
- In Tampa area, Harvey's Hardware turns 50
- Old school: Tuggy's Hardware still going strong
- Retirement leads to Louisiana store closing
- True Value elects new chairman of the board
- Taylor’s opens another Virginia Beach store
Chicago-based hardware co-op True Value Co. opened its first-ever corporate store.
According to a report from the Chicago Tribune, the Mount Prospect, Ill., location embraces the retail principals promoted through the company's Destination True Value retail program. Those include female-friendliness, wide aisles and bright overhead lights.
True Value CEO Lyle Heidemann, according to the report, described the co-op's first corporate store as a "lab for us."