- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- In bad weather, Trex posts sales, earnings declines
- Myrick no longer with ProBuild Holdings
- At Ace Convention, Griffith points to sales momentum
- New Trex Enhance decking product launched
- ProBuild withdrawing from some Eastern markets
- What’s ahead for ProBuild?
Trex, the composite decking manufacturer, has announced the appointment of Ronald Kaplan as its new president and CEO, effective Jan. 7.
Kaplan, 56, was previously CEO of Continental Global Group, a manufacturer of material handling systems. He also worked for Harsco, an international industrial services and products company, where he led the gas containment and control equipment manufacturing division.
Kaplan will replace Andrew Ferrari, who will now serve as chairman of the board, according to the announcement. Ferrari, one of the four original executives who founded Trex in 1996, took the CEO’s job in July 2007. He had been president and chief operating officer since 2005.
Ferrari succeeded the retiring Anthony Cavanna, another co-founder, who is now serving as interim CFO while Trex searches for a permanent replacement.
Headquartered in Winchester, Va., Trex manufactures composite decking, railing and fencing.