- Mahurin out at Orchard Supply Hardware
- Sales up, earnings down for Toro in Q1
- Toro mowers help Liverpool course prep for British Open
- Weyerhaeuser Distribution in Fresno, Calif. celebrates 35 years
- GE donates $10K to HomeAid
- Kelly-Moore Paints expands California footprint
- Home Depot points to holiday innovation
The Toro Co. has acquired Escondido, Calif.-based outdoor lighting manufacturer Unique Lighting Systems, according to the Press Enterprise.
Toro will move the newly acquired company to its Toro Irrigation Systems headquarters in Riverside, Calif.
According to the article, many of the contractors that install sprinkler systems also install outdoor lighting, and the company sees this as a chance to streamline the supply chain.
A separate article by North County Times said that Toro will retain 30 of Unique’s employees, who will be moved to the Riverside location over the course of the next 18 months. The company will also retain owners Nate Mullen and Randy Weisser, as well as a team of designers from Unique Lighting.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.