- At PDIS: Conversations with award winners
- Editor’s Notebook: The NLBMDA goes to Washington
- McDaniel’s Do it Center earns 'Golden Hammer'
- Aubuchon Hardware earns Golden Hammer
- At Ace Convention, Griffith points to sales momentum
- Walking the aisles in Lockhart, Texas
- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
Described as the industry's "most successful and innovative independent retailers," the Top Gun retailers this year hail from Texas, Oregon, Washington, D.C. and Massachusetts.
Organized by the North American Retail Hardware Association (NRHA) and Hardware Retailing magazine, the 2011 Top Guns are:
• Tony Brookhouse, representing Koopman Lumber Co. in Massachusetts;
• Cally Coleman Fromme, representing Zarsky Lumber in Texas;
• Dennis Orem, representing Jerry’s Home Improvement Centers in Oregon; and
• Gina Schaefer, representing seven Ace Hardware stores in the Washington, D.C., area.