- 2012 Hardware Store All-Stars
- Home prices rise in Case-Shiller Index
- FBI investigates terrorist threats against HD, Andersen Windows
- A second Lowe’s worker killed
- EPA puts spray foam insulation under spotlight
- HIRI Conference tunes into “That ‘90s Show”
- Southern Calif. homes suffer through record rain
San Diego-based WD-40 Co. released a limited edition WD-40 Military Collectible Series.
The four cans are painted with artwork that honors all branches of the U.S. military.
For every Collectible Series can purchased through Memorial Day, May 30, WD-40 Co. will donate 10 cents to three military charities, a minimum of $100,000 per charity. While the limited edition cans hit store shelves in mid-March, a satellite media tour on April 12 from the deck of the U.S.S. Midway in San Diego will officially kick off the promotion. It will feature “The Gunny” R. Lee Ermey commanding charity group volunteers through an obstacle course and encouraging viewers and listeners to go purchase the series of cans while supplies last.
“We are proud of those who serve or have served in uniform and have several members of our team who are veterans,” said Tim Lesmeister, VP marketing at WD-40 Co. “By partnering with organizations we know will make a positive difference in the lives of these men and women, we hope to honor their commitment and do our part to help support them and their loved ones.”
The company set up a microsite to support the promotion.