- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Organizational shake-up at Stock Building Supply
- Hardware store all-stars: Idaho, Illinois and Indiana
- State by state: Hardware store all stars
- NextGen home at 2011 IBS donated to veteran
- Carolina dealer recognized for grassroots leadership
- Lawn and garden concept opens in Arizona, with a twist
Stimson Lumber will close its mill in Bonner, Mont., according to a report in the Missoulian (Missoula County, Mont.) newspaper.
The mill will close indefinitely due to the effects of a downturn in the North American housing market and lower lumber demand, according to the report.
The mill employs around 100 workers, who were given 60-day notices this week as the plant prepares for closure. Additionally, the company plans to shut down operations at a Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, plant, which employs about 60 people.
Based on Portland, Ore., Stimson Lumber has assets and operations in Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington.