- Mahurin out at Orchard Supply Hardware
- Simpson Strong-Tie sees opportunity in DIY
- AZEK, Home Depot and OrePac get their hands dirty for disabled vets
- Weyerhaeuser Distribution in Fresno, Calif. celebrates 35 years
- Kelly-Moore Paints expands California footprint
- Depot advances its omnichannel agenda
- GE donates $10K to HomeAid
Pleasanton, Calif.-based Simpson Strong-Tie has introduced the new SDWF structural wood screw with TUW take-up washer.
The SDWF-TUW kit is faster and easier to install than other floor-to-floor connection methods, according to the manufacturer.
The unique design of the SDWF fastener enables it to attach upper and lower walls together from the top, spanning the floor system and providing an easy-to-install connection within the continuous uplift load path of the structure. The TUW take-up washer plays a key role in the long-term performance of the SDWF when installed between the screw and the sole plate of the upper floor. As the structure settles because of shrinkage and construction loading, the threaded portion under the head of the screw ratchets up through the tabs of the TUW. The interlock between the tabs of the take-up washer and the threads under the head of the SDWF prevent the screw from sliding back under load, providing a simple yet reliable means of shrinkage compensation up to 3⁄4-in. per story.
The code-listed SDWF comes in various lengths with all required installation hardware.