- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Lowe's launches recycling centers
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- Education and motivation at the ProDealer Industry Summit
- Tis the season for shipping strategy
- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
- Home Depot's Menear honored by City of Hope
Simpson Manufacturing, maker of Simpson Strong-Tie fastening systems and adhesives, has acquired ProTech Systems, a manufacturer of venting systems.
Simpson made the $7.5 million purchase through its Simpson Dura-Vent subsidiary, according to a statement.
Albany, N.Y.-based ProTech’s brands include Ventinox chimney liners, FasNSeal gas vent kits and FasNClamp components. The manufacturer specializes in chimney lining systems and special venting products for residential and commercial applications.
Based in Pleasanton, Calif., Simpson manufactures venting systems for gas and wood burning appliances under the Dura-Vent name, as well as fasteners and pre-fabricated shearwalls under the Strong-Tie name.