- Whirlpool dryers board the Energy Star train
- 10 products seen at the National Hardware Show
- The home channel's seeing green
- KB Home rolls out 'most environmentally ambitious home yet'
- KB Home debuts new energy storage solutions
- Panasonic earns Energy Star prize
- Olympia unveils new line of lights, power solutions
The 62-year old building housing The Swain School in Allentown, Pa., underwent a major energy efficiency renovation project during the summer of 2013.
More than 250 old single-pane aluminum windows were replaced with energy-efficient Simonton Reflections 5500 vinyl windows.
"The most dramatic improvement was the addition of the impressive Simonton windows with their double-glazed glass and Argon gas fill,” said Bob Haas, associate head for finance and operations at The Swain School. “These low-maintenance windows replace some original windows in our structure from 1951 along with others that were installed in the 1980s.”
Featuring a classic frame design and a vast selection of styles, the Reflections 5500 series of vinyl windows provide offer energy efficiency. Windows come standard with ProSolar Low E glass with Argon gas fill.