- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Sky's the limit: A look into windows & doors
- Counterpoint: Priced out of America
- Pat Thorne Lumber Co. honored by HCN
- Domestic bliss: Manufacturers point to benefits
- Market Recap: RISI Crow's Construction Materials Cost Index
- Builders FirstSource to open Tennessee location
Shaw Industries Group, Inc. of Berkshire Hathaway has announced plans to expand its hardwood floor manufacturing facility in South Pittsburg, Tenn.
Shaw plans to invest at least $40 million and hire over 25 new associates in response to growing demand for its Epic engineered flooring product, adding more than 60% capacity to its existing facility. Construction will begin later this year.
“The expansion of the South Pittsburg hardwood operation is an important component in our overall hardwood strategy," said Shaw chairman and CEO Vance Bell. "By investing in this plant and our other hardwood facilities, we are enhancing our ability to offer the widest product mix, the most innovative design, and the greatest quality and service to our customers."
The plant currently employs 200 people, 65 of which were added this year after Shaw increased the number of shifts at the facility.
The company also recently announced plans for a new carpet tile plant in Georgia, opened a carpet tile plant in China and implemented $26 million worth of technology and automation at its hardwood facilities in Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina.