- HCN's 2013 Hardware Store ALL-STARS
- LMC Forest Products Expo picks up steam
- Snavely rolls out plans for Perennial Wood transition
- Impulse item for all seasons
- Axalta creates jobs, sets up headquarters in Pa.
- UGL develops Clear Masonry Waterproofer
- Hardware Store All-Stars: New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania
We’re not making this up: The steamy, chick-lit best seller “Fifty Shades of Grey” has led to a niche market in at least one hardware store.
According to a segment on WCAU of Philadelphia, Penndel Hardware of Penndel, Pa., is seeing an increase in sales of products and materials used by characters in the novel about a relationship fueled by sadomasochism and bondage.
One of the key items in this niche: soft cotton rope. The store keeps a list of “Fifty Shades of Grey” items behind the counter, according to the report.