- Winners and losers from earnings season
- Sears taps Hutchinson to lead supply chain
- Sears Hometown opens a trio of stores
- Hub Group receives award from Sears Holdings
- Kristin Coleman named general counsel at Sears Holdings
- Despite losses, Lampert defends Sears' direction
- Arun Arora to lead Sears Home Services business
Sears Holdings announced that former UPS executive Raj Penkar is joining the company as SVP and president of the company's supply chain.
In his new role, Penkar will be accountable for all aspects of the company's supply chain, including logistics, warehousing, inventory management and distribution. Prior to joining Sears, Penkar worked at UPS for 24 years and most recently served as president of UPS' customer solutions division.
"I believe that Raj's vast experience in driving innovative customer solutions and logistics strategy will be invaluable to our company as we continue to put the customer first in everything we do," Sears president and CEO Lou D'Ambrosio said. "Supply chain and fulfillment are key components in ensuring that we have the right product assortment, at the right place, and at the right time to meet the needs of every customer online, in their home and at the store. Raj's customer insight is a key asset for any organization and I welcome him to Sears Holdings."