- Sears taps former Lehman Brothers VP to lead Craftsman
- Home Depot names new Canadian chief
- Tis the season for shipping strategy
- Circular of the Week: Orchard Supply Hardware
- Home Depot's Menear honored by City of Hope
- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
- Home Depot will hire 60,000 for spring push
Sears Holdings has announced Richard Gerstein will join the company as chief marketing officer for its Sears, Roebuck and Co. subsidiary effective Aug. 6.
Gerstein last served as global chief marketing officer and senior vp of U.S. business for Alberto Culver Beauty.
Gerstein will have overall responsibilities for executing Sears' brand marketing strategies and programs. He will help with initiatives that aim to “help Sears reconnect with its loyal customers and attract former customers back to Sears,” said Maureen McGuire, Sears Holdings' chief marketing officer, adding, “We started that work with the announcement in May of Sears' new integrated marketing campaign."
Gerstein also served in senior leadership and marketing positions at Reflect True Custom Beauty, a Procter & Gamble spinoff, and at Procter & Gamble.