- Mike Crouch named president & COO at Acme Lift Co.
- At Blish-Mize, a fifth-generation CEO
- Simpson Strong-Tie hires a new president and COO
- Scotts Miracle-Gro funds Florida water research
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Q1 results somewhat flat
- Ron Kass named president and COO of Hunter Douglas
- Scotts Miracle-Gro names Service Provider of the Year
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company has agreed to acquire Bell Laboratories's Tomcat consumer rodent control business.
"Consumer rodent control is an attractive and growing category in which a vast number of our consumers already participate," said Barry Sanders, Scotts Miracle-Gro president and COO. "While our limited line of Ortho Home Defense rodent control products have brought innovation to the category since 2009, the addition of the Tomcat consumer business allows us to significantly expand our global commercial footprint. With a strong consumer brand and full line of rodent control products we are better able to serve both our consumers and our retail partners."
Scotts will assume ownership of the Tomcat brand and will enter into a long-term partnership with the company to promote rodent control technologies to consumers. The terms of the transaction are as of yet undisclosed.
"This transaction is consistent with the strategic direction we have articulated," said Jim Hagedorn, chairman and CEO of Scotts Miracle-Gro. "It is complementary to our existing controls business and fills a gap in our current product offering."
The acquisition is expected to be accretive to Scotts Miracle-Gro's operating margin beginning in the 2014 fiscal year.
Tomcat products are currently sold in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand.