- Lowe's launches recycling centers
- Demand for alternative decking to rise
- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Lowe's manager gets call from Obama
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- Education and motivation at the ProDealer Industry Summit
Medina, Minn.-based Rockler Woodworking and Hardware introduced a Protective Bench Mat made from 100% recycled rubber tires. The three-millimeter thick mat measures 24 in. by 60 in.; protects the tops of work benches; and saves tools and projects from the scratches, dings and dents associated with general labor tasks in a shop.
The mat can be cut to size, moved from one work area to another quickly and easily, and can be conveniently rolled up for storage. Users also have the option to mount the mat material to a surface like a piece of plywood or work bench, making a perfect, permanent assembly table.
"Our mat provides a safe cushion for your bench, project and tools," said Dan Wenning, product development specialist with Rockler. "It's a cost-effective solution for preventing gouges and scratches, and we feel we've made an environmentally conscious selection our customers will appreciate."
The 100% Recycled Bench Mat retails for $39.99 and will be available at Rockler Woodworking and Hardware stores, Rockler's independent resellers, Rockler.com or in the Rockler catalog.