- Readers Respond: Mad about MID (Mortgage Interest Deduction)
- Readers Respond: In support of a simple, low-cost eco-label
- Readers Respond: Return policy best practices
- Readers Respond: Healthcare reform
- Tis the season for shipping strategy
- Market Recap: RISI Crow's Construction Materials Cost Index
- Lowe's launches recycling centers
- New pesticide to protect against deer
- A weed by any other name
- Circular of the Week
- New at Hyde Tools: global sourcing strategy
Home Channel News asked readers if they agreed with the selection of Jeffrey Immelt to lead the President's Council on Jobs and Effectiveness. Here's what we heard.
"I think Jeff Immelt is a terrible choice to head Obama’s jobs council He has been an outspoken advocate for a new ‘partnership’ between the U.S. government and industry. As the Wall Street Journal said in a recent editorial on this subject, ‘he is promoting policies and subsidies in green energy in which GE is heavily invested.’ This is not my vision of the ‘American way.’ United States business has always been the innovator instead of our government picking winners and losers with ‘partnerships’ using taxpayer dollars."
— Buddy Klumb
Klumb Lumber Co.
"Mr. Immelt represents everything that is wrong with our current economy and governmental train of thought toward business. His presence merely reinforces the pay-for-play system inside the beltway. What is needed is someone who understands the current predicament of our country, not someone who reinforces it."
— Richard Freund