- In Indonesia, Do it Best shows growth
- State by state: Hardware store all stars
- At Ace Convention, Griffith points to sales momentum
- Obituary: Linton Tibbetts, Cox Lumber founder
- Lowe’s seeks addition by subtraction
- Hardware store all-stars: Ark., Calif. and Colo.
- Hardware store all-stars: Idaho, Illinois and Indiana
Fort Wayne, Ind.-based Do it Best Corp. signed a deal that will bring the Do it Best brand to Indonesia for the first time. The deal also landed Do it Best a partnership with Paulus Ong, who helped grow Ace Indonesia from three stores in 1999 to 45 stores in 2011.
Grand openings are planned for Aug. 3 for the first four Pongs Do it Best Hardware stores in Jakarta.
“This is part of our Extreme Growth plans as we continue to expand our footprint internationally,” said Bob Taylor, president and CEO of Do it Best. “This signing brings our international presence to 50 countries, and we continue to look for new opportunities world-wide.”
Paulus Ong, former director of operations for ACE Indonesia, received exclusive rights to the Do it Best brand in Indonesia in the deal announced this week. Ong's plan calls for the opening of four stores in Jakarta, measuring a combined 100,000 sq. ft., in August. According to Do it Best, Ong's long-term plan is to open a total of 40 Do it Best stores with a combined square footage of 500,000 sq. ft., over the next five years. Pongs Do it Best Hardware stores will consist of three formats: convenience stores, super stores and hyper stores.