- Citing fire hazard, Viking recalls refrigerator freezers
- Seasonal Specialties recalls pre-lit Christmas trees
- Ace Hardware recalls LED clamp light
- RSI recalls bathroom cabinets sold at Home Depot
- MAT Industries recalls air compressors
- Yankee Candle recalls Candle Ring
- Motion-activated outdoor lights recalled
Philips Lighting is recalling its Endura and Ambient dimmable LED bulbs due to defects in a lead wire within the bulb's housing, which can potentially pose a shock hazard.
The wire, which is ill-fitted, can electrify the entire lamp and shock the customer. No injuries have been reported.
The recall affects about 99,000 units of Endura 12-watt and Ambient 12.5-watt LED Dimmable bulbs.
"The bulbs are orange in color and have “Made in China,” “Fabrique in Chine” followed by a slanted “S,” and the model number 9290001829 printed on the gray plastic band on the neck of the bulbs," read a statement by the Consumer Product Safety Commission. "The date codes, 2L for the Endura bulbs and 2K or 2L for the Ambient bulbs, are printed on the metal screw base. The bulbs give off a white light and are used indoors to replace incandescent bulbs."
The CPSC is urging customers to discontinue use, unplug the lamp, remove any bulbs and to contact Philips for free replacements.