- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Big changes and cuts announced at ProBuild Holdings
- Parr Lumber's Weekend Warriors extends its reach
- Education and motivation at the ProDealer Industry Summit
- Myrick no longer with ProBuild Holdings
- 2012 Hardware Store All-Stars
- Zarsky Lumber: It’s better in Texas
Parr Lumber, the Pacific Northwest-based pro dealer, has announced plans to open another lumberyard on Dec. 14, 2011. The new location, in Marysville, Wash., will feature a 20,200-sq.-ft. warehouse on 4.4 acres, office space and 1,500 sq. ft. of retail space.
Doug Nelson, former manager of Parr Lumber in Everett, Wash., is the new general manager. The Marysville facility, Parr’s sixth location in Washington, will replace the Everett store. The company hopes to expand deeper into Washington and last year opened a lumberyard in Spokane, in the eastern region of the state.
Headquartered in Hillsboro, Ore., Parr Lumber operates 38 facilities in Oregon, Washington and Arizona. The family-owned operation consists of six companies: Parr Lumber, Parr Cabinet Outlets, Cascade Wholesale Hardware, Northwest Structural Components, Northwest Structural Components Installation and the Parr Marketing Group.