- Parr Lumber's Weekend Warriors extends its reach
- Green retailing enters the big time
- Parr Lumber opens new cabinet outlet
- Lowe's settles case over firing of Iraq War vet
- California cement plant agrees to pay $1.4 million pollution fine
- Trade group raises building forecast for 2012
- Parr Lumber names new CFO
Parr Lumber recently replaced a truck stolen from a Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East job site.
On Sept. 29, Habitat construction staff and volunteers found that the truck, power tools and construction materials had been taken from the Victoria Cottages job site – which will be home to eight local, hardworking families -- near SE 204th and SE Stark in Gresham, Ore.
Expressing appreciation for the donation, Steve Messinetti, executive director of Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East, said: "Most of our trucks are getting very old. Having this opportunity to replace a vehicle that is on its last life is so valuable for this organization."
The stolen truck was recovered, but was damaged and missing the lumber rack. The Gresham Police Department is investigating.
Parr Lumber is a longtime supporter of Habitat for Humanity.