- Home Depot names Menear as CEO
- Scotts appoints Michelle Johnson to its board
- Depot CEO discusses data breach probe
- Rodda Paint buys five Kelly-Moore stores
- Bob Taylor shares optimism with Presidents Council
- Ace signs on as wholesale supplier for New Zealand retailer
- Armstrong lowers 2014 guidance on Q2 earnings
Hillsboro, Ore.-based Parr Lumber joined Neil Kelly and other local contractors and design firms in supporting Habitat for Humanity in building four homes as part of their nationwide Home Builders Blitz 2014 event.
The four homes will be built from the ground up through a four-week effort culminating June 13.
“We have a longstanding relationship with Habitat for Humanity and strongly support their efforts of home ownership, said Jim Boyer, CEO of The Parr Company. “It’s an amazing experience to work side by side with others during the build and seeing the family receive the keys to their new home is an amazing feeling, it’s all the reward you need.”
The four families will each receive keys to their new home at the Home Dedication Ceremony, which will take place on Friday, June 13 at 12:00 pm. Each of the families purchasing the homes have dedicated 500 hours of sweat equity and will make monthly house payments that include taxes, insurance, and principal on the 0% interest Habitat mortgage.