- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Sears taps former Lehman Brothers VP to lead Craftsman
- Mahurin’s next stop: Orchard Supply Hardware
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- Ace addresses 2011 strategy, supply chain
- At Bed Bath & Beyond, a strong Q3
- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
San Jose, Calif.-based Orchard Supply Hardware (OSH) has announced the appointment of Mark Kauffman as senior vp-merchandising.
Kauffman, a 25-year industry veteran, will be responsible for merchandising and category management as well as providing key leadership for the company’s strategic growth initiatives.
“Mark’s experience and leadership will strengthen our team’s capabilities, allowing us to take our merchandising and assortment strategies to a world class level,” said Rob Lynch, OSH president and CEO. “Additionally, Mark will bring valued insight across the entire business as we design new programs to build our brand with our core home improvement customer segments.”
Before joining OSH, Kauffman was senior vp-merchandising and retail stores at Northern Tool and Equipment in Burnsville, Minn., where he led merchandising strategies and initiatives for the multichannel brand for six years. Prior to that, Kauffman was senior vp/general merchandise manager at Lowe’s, where he helped the company reposition itself in the market.
Kauffman began his career at Wolohan Lumber, where he served in various roles in operations, merchandising and marketing.