- CertainTeed expands Sustainable Insulation
- On TAP: Insulation as pest control
- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
- The Rockwool Group signs distribution deal with Lowe’s in the U.S.
- Knauf Insulation files patent infringement suit
- EPA puts spray foam insulation under spotlight
- Meritage expands green-home program
Owens Corning has announced that it EcoTouch insulation has been certified as a biobased product by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. It is the first fiberglass insulation to receive this designation, according to the company.
The certification is part of the USDA’s new Biobased labeling program to identify products with ingredients made from renewable plant materials. The new initiative aims to increase the sale and use of these products by all buyers. A presidential order mandates the purchasing of biobased products under a preferential procurement program by federal agencies and their subcontractors.