- DA, PRO event honors industry players
- Chris Yenrick accepts the gavel as 2014 NLBMDA chairman
- On the road
- Professional Builders Supply grows in N.C.
- At NyloBoard, difference is in the fiber
- AV Homes taps Bill Kiselick as president of new Carolinas Division
- Christopher Durham named VP retail brands at Theory House
Blackhawk Hardware, an Ace dealer in Charlotte, N.C., decided to spice things up this holiday season by producing some racy TV ads. The 15-second spots are running on Comedy Central in the 11 p.m. time slot. There are two versions, one for female and one for male shoppers.
Store designers Andy Wilkerson and Kristina Abbot said they were aiming for “elegantly sexy” when they put together the commercials, which they hope bring younger customers into the boutique sections of the hardware store. Blackhawk has more traditional ads that run on other cable stations, but Wilkerson told Charlotte Fox News that, “It's so hard to explain what Blackhawk is that I decided that we shouldn't try to explain it. You just have to experience it."