- Irwin brings 'toughness' message to new level
- Newell Rubbermaid honored for innovation
- Rubbermaid reports strong performance in 2010
- Golden Hammer Vendor winners: Home decor
- Industry Dashboard for Oct. 31, 2011
- New at Newell Rubbermaid: Corporate realignment
- Newell taps former Wal-Mart exec for board
Atlanta-based Newell-Rubbermaid posted a sales increase of 4.6% to $1.33 billion for the quarter. Net income was reported of $79.3 million, up from $75.7 million in the first quarter last year.
“We’re encouraged by the solid start to the year,” said Michael Polk, president and CEO. “We generated 5.2% core sales growth, normalized operating margin expansion, and nearly 14% normalized EPS improvement.”
The company’s home-channel brands include Irwin, Lenox, and Rubbermaid. Sales in the United States and Canada rose 1%. International sales climbed almost 14%, with particular strength in the Asia Pacific region.