- True Value looks to transform
- True Value turbocharges app for ordering
- Depot advances its omnichannel agenda
- With one less week, Home Depot sees Q4 sales slip
- True Value partners with Boys & Girls Clubs
- Newell Rubbermaid attributes windfall Q3 income to sale of hardware unit
- Home Depot doubles down on same-day shipping
Atlanta-based Newell Rubbermaid announced it has closed the sale of its Hardware business, which includes the Amerock, Ashland, Bulldog and Shur-Line brands, to Nova Capital, a specialist acquirer of corporate and private equity portfolios.
The transaction was first announced Aug. 9.
The transaction provides Newell Rubbermaid with a more cohesive and focused portfolio of brands in five core business segments, the company said. As previously announced, gross proceeds from the transaction were $214 million, which includes the retention of accounts receivable. The company will receive after-tax cash proceeds of approximately $175 million.