- Sky's the limit: A look into windows & doors
- Winners Circle
- Beazer Homes nabs 15 Energy Star awards
- LG Facebook contest puts home appliances up for grabs
- High-scoring LEED home completed in Miami Beach
- Smart Electric turns to Kickstarter to fund its bright idea
- Braun's Roofing partners with CertainTeed cool roofs
The Coalition for Energy Star Water Heaters has joined Facebook, in an effort described as a way to share current information about higher-efficiency water heating.
Contractors, plumbers and homeowners can now access the most up-to-date information about the national awareness and education campaign at facebook.com/ESWaterHeaters.
“More and more consumers are seeking ways to save on both energy and cost in their homes. Our new Facebook profile provides them with the resources they need to make an informed decision when it comes time to purchase a new water heater,” said Kara Rodgers, senior program manager for the Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) and spokesperson for the Coalition. “It also serves as an excellent tool for plumbers and contractors interested in educating themselves on higher-efficiency water heaters as they seek to meet the increasing consumer demand for energy efficiency.”
Water heaters represent about 15% of the average household’s energy consumption, according to the group. That means an energy-efficient upgrade can save people up to $300 per year.