- National Hardware Show kicks off Tuesday in Las Vegas
- Product diversity on display in Las Vegas
- Duracell charges into the generator category
- Larry Stone shares "Five Traits of Leadership"
- Aubuchon Hardware earns Golden Hammer
- Opportunity Village benefits from NHS donations
- Buying Desk program to boost Hardware Show
Organizers of the recently completed 2011 National Hardware Show in Las Vegas said a second straight year of increased attendance gives the 2012 show a head start.
The 66th Annual National Hardware Show, which concluded May 12 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, saw an increase in attendance of 4%, according to organizers. Last year's show saw an increase of 20%. Organizers said they were encouraged by exhibitor bookings for 2012 that are already up 16% from a year ago.
"The increased attendance and increased buying on the Show floor creates a strong foundation for 2012," said Ed Several, senior VP and general manager of the National Hardware Show.
The 2011 National Hardware Show also marked the debut of Independents’ Day -- an entire day devoted to independent retailers and their contributions to the home improvement industry. Hardware store owners and other attendees took a break from the action on the show floor to gather around the North American Retail Hardware Association (NRHA) Village stage and share ideas about promoting their businesses in the community.