Las Vegas -- The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) honored builders, remodelers and other home-building industry professionals at the International Builders’ Show here as winners of the National Green Building Awards.
Each year, NAHB recognizes individuals, companies and organizations for excellence in residential green design and construction practices and for green building program and advocacy efforts. The awards were presented during the Eco-Disco, a networking and awards event held during Green Day at IBS.
“This year’s winners are particularly impressive,” said NAHB chairman Barry Rutenberg, a home builder from Gainesville, Fla. “All of those honored have shown superior dedication and leadership to the mission of sustainable and eco-friendly living.”
Individual Project Award
Three single-family home projects were honored:
- The New Edition at Damonte Ranch, Reno, Nev., for Project of the Year: Single-family, Small Volume
- Persimmon – Willis Ranch, San Antonio, Texas, for Project of the Year: Single-family, Production
- Maryland Green Designer Show Home, Gambrills, Md., for Project of the Year: Single-family, Custom
One remodeling project and one multi-family project were honored:
- Finding Paradise on Picardy, Raleigh, N.C., for Project of the Year: Remodel
- Seabourn Cove, Boynton Beach, Fla., for Project of the Year: Multifamily
Green Building Advocacy Awards
Five awards were given to individuals or organizations for their efforts in green building advocacy:
- Dan Wise, Wise Construction, Boalsburg, Pa., for Advocate of the Year: Builder
- Paul Sullivan, The Sullivan Company, Inc. Newton, Mass., for Advocate of the Year: Remodeler
- Drew Smith, Two Trails, Sarasota, Fla., for Advocate of the Year: Individual
- Maryland Residential Green Building Council, for Advocate of the Year: Group
- Build San Antonio Green, for Advocate of the Year: State/Local Government
Laclede Gas Company of St. Louis was also named the Utility Partner of the Year for its dedication to high-performance building, the ICC-700 National Green Building Standard and education at the local and national level.