- Tile Shop hits the marble floor running
- Tile Shop opens in Oklahoma City
- Toro receives 2013 Tekne Award for Agricultural Technology
- Valspar sales jump 9% in Q1
- USG earns Voluntary Protection Program Star
- Ohio USG plant receives OSHA Voluntary Protection Program Star
- United Hardware retailers meet in Minneapolis
Menards is planning to build a 300,000-sq.-ft. project in Richfield, a suburb of Minneapolis, to replace an existing unit, according to an article in the Star-Tribune.
The new two-story building, along with a lumberyard, garden center and warehouse, would require the demolition of the current store, along with a vacant restaurant called Jung Bo.
The Richfield City Council has already approved a conditional-use permit for the project, despite objections from the operators of an adjacent Burger King, who claimed the new Menards would make their property less visible to customers and change traffic patterns.