- US Green Building Council CEO joins Delos advisory board
- Lebhar-Friedman e-mag earns honorable mention
- Sears showcases outdoor living at NYC festival
- Jenn-Air shows off its new steam oven
- General expands thermal-imaging offering
- Tractor Supply plans to ring the bell
- Office snack rooms: Designed for health or keeping workers close?
Perennial Wood received honorable mention for a MEDIUM Award for Material of the Year from Material ConneXion.
The award recognizes materials that demonstrate outstanding technological innovation and the potential to make a significant contribution to the advancement of design, industry, society and the economy.
Perennial Wood, described as real wood modified to endure nature’s harshest elements, received the award at the International Contemporary Furniture Fair in New York City.
“We are honored to be selected among the best new materials by Material ConneXion, experts in material science and specifications,” said Deborah Baum Crain, director of innovation projects for Perennial Wood. “Now more than ever, manufacturers are looking to incorporate longer-lasting, high-quality and sustainable materials into their products. For outdoor applications, whether furniture, windows, doors, siding or trim, Perennial Wood offers manufacturers a practical alternative to composite, plastic and tropical hardwood materials.”