- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- DeWalt unveils new carbide bits
- Education and motivation at the ProDealer Industry Summit
- Lowe's launches recycling centers
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- Makita adds die grinder to its LXT cordless line
- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
La Mirada, Calif.-based Makita announced the launch of its next generation half-inch drill/driver to its 18-volt Compact Lithium Ion line.
The new LXFD01CW drill/driver is the latest edition to the compact lithium-ion platform created by Makita in 2006. It delivers more power with less weight and improved ergonomics for a range of drilling, driving and fastening tasks, the company said.
The drill is built with a two-piece four-pole motor with bigger and stronger front-end ball bearings, and heavier-gauge copper winding on the armature than the previous model. It delivers 480 inches per pound of max torque and 290 inches per pound of PTI torque. The new planetary gear system and transmission has been redesigned for increased durability in a more compact size, so the LXFD01CW is 7/16 in. smaller and weighs only 3.3 lbs.
“Pro tradesman on commercial job sites across the country use 18V tools all day, every day,” said Ethan Haughawout, Makita product manager, cordless products. “They are constantly demanding more power and less weight from 18V tools."