- Demand for alternative decking to rise
- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
- Lowe's shakes up in-store staffing
- Lowe's manager gets call from Obama
- Education and motivation at the ProDealer Industry Summit
- Ace addresses 2011 strategy, supply chain
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
Green features around the house are an increasingly important part of a home sale in a buyer's market, according to Bloomberg report.
While the housing slump enters its sixth year, builders in Texas and California are explaining the benefits of environmentally friendly features that can add appeal to new construction.
The article points to stats that show green homes accounted for 16% of the estimated $100 billion home-building industry last year, up from 2% in 2006.