- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Beacon Roofing Supply reports sales declines
- Education and motivation at the ProDealer Industry Summit
- Home Depot will hire 60,000 for spring push
- Hardware store all-stars: Idaho, Illinois and Indiana
- Home Depot's Menear honored by City of Hope
- TW Perry named HCN Pro Dealer of the Year
The Stephen Macadam era has officially ended at BlueLinx Holdings, the Atlanta-based distributor of building products. Macadam resigned his position as CEO and director to accept the CEO position with EnPro Industries.
BlueLinx ranked first on the Home Channel News Top 150 Distributors Scoreboard in 2007. The company's board of directors has appointed Howard S. Cohen to serve as interim CEO until the company identifies a permanent successor to Macadam. The board also appointed Cohen to succeed Jeffrey J. Fenton as the company’s chairman of the board. Fenton resigned from the board effective March 7, 2008.
In February, BlueLinx reported a loss of $27.9 million compared to net income of $15.8 million for 2006. Sales for the year were $3.8 billion, down 21.7 percent from $4.9 billion in 2006.
EnPro is a Charlotte, N.C.-based provider of engineered industrial products for worldwide manufacturing industries.