- Lumber Liquidators lays it forward
- Lumber Liquidators cements compliance team
- Lumber Liquidators reports sales in line with lowered guidance
- Lumber Liquidators holds 11th annual April Sale
- Lumber Liquidators announces fall flooring sale, contest
- Lumber Liquidators under scrutiny again over formaldehyde
- HCN Stock Watch: LL goes low
Lumber Liquidators, a nationwide retailer of hardwood flooring, has hired William Schlegel as its chief merchandising officer, effective March 14, 2011.
In this position, Schlegel will oversee the company's merchandising, replenishment and allocation and global sourcing activities. He reports directly to Robert Lynch, president and CEO.
A former Home Depot merchant -- he held global procurement and merchandising roles during his 10 years at the Atlanta retailer -- Schlegel most recently served as VP merchandising at Harbor Freight Tools, where he reorganized the Global Sourcing and Quality Group. Previously, he held the position of VP merchandising at Gander Mountain.
Based in Toano, Va., Lumber Liquidators sells 340 varieties of hardwood flooring through 230 stores.