- UBS director points to jobs as key metric
- Orgill points the way to price image
- Famed designer Nate Berkus teams up with LG
- Former Newell Rubbermaid exec heads to Acme Canada
- Black & Decker rebrands itself for 2014
- Paige Wittman promoted to VP sales at Andersen
- KB Home elects Michael Wood to board of directors
LP Building Products has begun distributing its laminated strand lumber in Denmark through SmartWood A/S, a supplier of engineered wood products that officially began operating in July.
SmartWood, which was founded by technical director Henrik Hviid Pedersen and Kaare Simonsen, will be distributing the LP SolidStart EWP product line, which includes LSL, LVL and i-joist products. SmartWood specializes in traditional wooden frames as well as some specialty products.
“In recent years, Denmark has shifted from building with traditional timber towards engineered wood products such as I-joists and laminated veneer lumber (LVL)," said Pedersen. "Laminated strand lumber—LSL—is the natural next step as its technical properties fit perfectly with the Danish construction industry."
“LP SolidStart LSL offers a host of advantages over traditional timber, including better fastener connections, straightness and increased design flexibility,” explained Al Huber, international sales manager for LP Building Products. “We’re thrilled to be working with SmartWood as they bring this product into the Danish market.”